[Sarlug] intel linmodem

Genix genix at list.ru
Mon Dec 1 18:35:59 MSK 2003

Может кому поможет:

http://linmodems.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:12345:200311:cnhmageohjaegjcdpmfl

=== cut ===

All,

I am happy and relieved to announce the first linmodem driver release
for the intel
537ep.  This driver developed by our fine DSP and modem engineers from
Nizhny Novgorod
and Raleigh NC.

It was almost a year since I said "looks like a week before it is
released". A comment
I am very embarrassed to have made.
But this driver, I am proud to say, has gone though a very extensive
gantlet of tests
and is very reliable.

Some new features (compared to the 536ep) include SMP support, fax class
2 and 2.0,
homologation upgrades, and a load of corecode fixes and improvements.

I know there are a lot of people out there with tigerjet based 537 modems.
The word from marketing was that only the 537ep linmodem will be posted
to the Intel
site.  But I will be able to post the whole family of 537 drivers to the
linmodem group
directly.
This will include the tigerjet driver.

I will post an announcement once this is done.

Here is the Intel location of the 537ep driver:
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product Search.asp?Prod nm=537ep

-Dorian Araneda
Senior Software Engineer,
Voice Band Modems, Intel.